Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Semester of Lecturing... DONE!!

Salam to all... It's been a while since I'm updating my blog... Somehow it kind a bit lazy for me to write something... Huhu... Plus the world cup 2010 mode somehow make me always sleepy.. My favorite team - Portugal! Last game with Ivory Coast was a little bit of disappointing but somehow there are still HOPE!

Enough with football... Pejam celik pejam celik... Now I'm already finish my first semester as a Math Lecturer! Wow! Somehow I manage to do it! Yeah! It's been a quiet tough semester for me.. Controlling a very hyper-active students(Not all..), marking assignments and quizzes, lecturing and also sometimes interfering with their problems either personal or not...

What can I see after one semester of teaching that bumiputera students should be more independent during their study not just leaning everything to their lecturer... Once I told my student to read on their own and the topic is out for the test... And of course it is there but they do not know how to do it because I'm not teaching them...Adoi! I've already told you to study sendiri la.. Haha.. So next sem... New lecturing style since I'm already attending the Kursus Asas Pengajaran... Maybe la kot... Hahaha

What about their result for final exam? Huhu.. There are few students who are fail... I've already try everything to help them but they did not perform very well during their final exam... My principle was easy.. If they can do well in their final.. I will help them even tough if their carry marks was very very bad... So apa boleh buat... Next sem make sure you learn from your mistakes!

Plus also since I'm teaching math kot... Who likes math? Even I as the lecturer sometimes really hate Math especially the pure math... hahaha.. no offense.. I only like applied math je... hehehe... Students tend to dislike a subject if they did not score... but if they score they will love it... So as a Math lecturer what can I do.. Terima je la seadanya.. Hahaha... I try to give them a happy go lucky teaching style so that students will not afraid of me during class...

It's true la! During my study, I've once afraid of my lecturer because he/she was too serious during his lecture.. All he do was talk and talk and talk... If someone ask he will somehow become angry (bukan marah gile la... mcm nak marah...) so.. cannot ask la.. just hearing.. huhu.. Based on this la I plan to be more friendly to my students.. Yes! It works.. Many students come to me after class asking for help.. So as the generation-X lecturer (hahahaha) I'm going to continue my teaching style.. friendly and cool! hahaha poyo gile ah!

Enough with that.. Here are a snap my students take during my lecturing.. Hahaha.. Bile mase korg tgkap gmbr ni... Btw thanks la.. I always want to see me during lecturing..
-adios- GO PORTUGAL!!


No comments: