Friday, January 02, 2009

Quantum Physics??

Hi all! It is still not too late for me to wish you all happy new year! It is 2009 already! Means my age will increase by one year more.. Hua.. Getting older... Ahaha.. Actually today I want to share about something I've found... It was about QUANTUM PHYSICS!

I've read an article from a website about this topics...
Here are some of it..

What is Quantum Physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory:

  1. Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.
  2. The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.
  3. The movement of these particles is inherently random.
  4. It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.
  5. The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in.

While at a glance this may seem like just another strange theory, it contains many clues as to the fundamental nature of the universe and is more important then even relativity in the grand scheme of things (if any one thing at that level could be said to be more important then anything else). Furthermore, it describes the nature of the universe as being much different then the world we see. As Niels Bohr said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."
click! to read more

Don't you find it is interesting?? Haha... After reading the detail I've found out that my research somehow consists of this topic also.. Now it make me feel afraid!! Huhu... And I also found this interesting quotation by DH Lawrence (he is one of english novelist, poets)

I like relativity and quantum theories
Because I don't understand them
And they make me feel as if space shifted
About like a swan that can't settle
Refusing to sit still and be measured
And as if the atom were an impulsive thing
Always changing its mind..

How's that?? Isn't his word mean something for you?? NO? Why don't you try to do the "out of box" thinking.. haha.. Just kidding! By the way hope that this year will bring you all and me more happiness..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

asal la ckp pasal fizik kat sini :(