Tuesday, March 20, 2012

27 years already...

Yesterday was 19 March 2012.. What so special about this date actually?? For most of us it was nothing just simply another boring and lame day to finish our works... Hehe.. But for me, it was the day where I was remainded that I had increase my day in this world.. Hoho.. I was born on this date early in the morning around 3-4 am.. I am the eldest son in my family means my parents was really excited at that time getting their first apprentice.. Hehe...

27 years already... It is a very long journey.. Not much that I had remember just some of it especially the bad memory.. Hahaha... I remember I got an accident while riding my bicycle.. Feel down with my neighbour and kissing the road... Haha.. So hurt plus when I went home my mom keep up yeeling.. Waiting for SPM result... So and many more la.. Too much to write...

Everyday is the new experience... You wake up in the morning, reaching for your tooth brush, bathing, breakfast and go to work.. That's the routine, but then imagine this, when you wake up suddenly there is no water... What did you do after that??? Or when you wake up you are in other place??? Hahaha.. There goes new experience or maybe I can say the survival experience.. Hahhaa...

Lots of achievement I had along this 27 years of my life.. I manage to get good grade in UPSR and going to Sekolah Berasrama Penuh.. The first one in my family dude (because I am the eldest.. LOL)... Surviving the life as a student in SBP which is full of experience: Form 1 is all about being apart from your family, there I learn about how to make my very own decision, how to be an independent person.. Form 2 is more on survival series.. Hahaha.. Why??? Because my school tradition at that time, form 2 is the time where you were bullied... Hahaha.. Sound so serious but not really la..

Washing your senior clothes, tide up their bed, cleaning the toilet, singing for them, dancing and many more.. All of these I had experience it already.. Hahaha.. Sound depressed but actually it was really fun.. Sometime la... sometime annoyed like hell!! Hahaha... This was also the time where I got selected for school badminton team... Started from there my passion for badminton increased! Form 3 is where you managed to survive the hostel life but becareful, it is the survival of your life in the school... Because there are PMR.. Failing to get at least 6A will make you out of the school.. Huhu.. Luckily I have survive with one more extra A from the minimum requirement... Fuhh!! So relieved...

Form 4- this is called the honeymoon year.. Form 4 is when I learn about school magazine, how the publishing, the graphics, editing and many more.. At that time also I've learn about Adobe Photoshop and Flash... It is fun but so tiring la... Form 5 - this is the last year as a schooler.. Huhu... I started my form 5 with a campaign - VOTE ME! VOTE ME! What is that?????? Hahaha.. Actually at form 5 I run for the student representative council or MPP.. And I win!! Hahaha.. Lucky that I have lots of supported friends who vote for me... SPM... Just okla.. not really that excellent... Enough to survive only... Huhu..

With the SPM result, I got to matrix Perak for two weeks before I jumped to UTM Skudai for Foundation Year programme.. Why I choose this?? Because at that time they offered me mechatronics programme.. As an engineering students that was dream come true! Again I managed to survive this but sadly I cannot continue mechatronics because I get the bachelor of science industrial mathematics in UTM also...

It ok la kan.. Mathematics and Mechatronics.. The spelling and sound almost same.. Hahhaha... Here my life as university student actually begin... My class is half malay and half chinese.. Hoho.. The survival was so tough.. You know la how the lecturer here.. They teach a little, other you need to find it on yourself... But it was not really the problem, it was the independent.. Too much free time.. Hahaha.. You can do what ever you want and whenever you like.. Hahahaha.. Sound like freedom! But becareful, wrong step will make you a failure.. Huhu..

Again, I manage to survive after one semester extend.. It was never an easy courses.. Mathematics was so tiring... I really have functional analysis, real analysis.. What is that????? Any kind of mathematics philospohy or what?? Hahaha... So after surviving the degree, I went home and asking my parents, can I further my study?? Are you crazy or what??? Hahahaha.. Actually when you are at my age you will start to realize the career scenario.. It was so hard to get a job!

Lucky I was a male students... Less competitions.. Hahahaha... So I further my Master in Mathematics also at UTM Skudai.. This is more survival series.. Huhu.. The dissertation was so hard.. The VIVA superb! All the panel are phd holders.. You will be attack from time to time.. Some of my friends take lot of time to survive, even some of them just let it go.. Mathematics was cruel actually, there are no such things such as near answer or accepted answer.. It must a correct answer.. Everything must be a FACT! Almost 7 years I was at UTM surviving from foundation year until Master...

Again I survive.. Thanks for my parents for the pray.. Huhu... After master, I choose to relax until convocation before I tried for interview.. At this time I was really tested... So hard to get a job even you are holding a master degree in Maths.. I've tried lots of college, university and many more.. I went to interview in UiTM Kedah, Perak, Melaka, Shah Alam (2 times), Kelantan and Terengganu (didn't go) and also at some private college... At last here I am at Melaka.. Thanks god..

Now my life as a lecturer begins... My first class was business maths class.. So damn nervous.. Hahaha... But thanks god this is not really a heavy subject.. Easy la.. Time goes by, now I already become a lecturer for 2 years.. Some of my students already graduating.. Good luck guys.. Remember life in diploma and degree was not the same.. It's time to be more hardworking...

There a little bit about my 27 years experience.. Many more to tell but too lazy to type.. Haha.. What ever it is......... HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAFIZ HAMZAH... May ALLAH bless you always...

Till next post...


3 comments:

nazurah said...

Salam, I was googling something about industrial mathematics course and suddenly came to your blog.I would to know more about this course in utm,can you give some more informations about it? and currently, I'm doing my asasi sains fizikal in UM and will be sitting for finals this april. Borang upu is going on right now and I still hv time to make considerations on what courses that i want to do. Hope you can help :).

Hafizhamzah said...

Salam... If you really love mathematics then this should be one of the selection in your UPU form.. This courses is about math that applied in industry as well as management and business part also.. We study linear algebra, numerical analysis, statistics, operational research, functional analysis, calculus... most of the required math that will be applied in industry.. but we also have management subject such as priciple of management, organization behavior, finance and many more.. If you like this kind of line maybe you can try.. Career opportunites most of my friends are working in factory as qualitative surveyer or quality control.. some also working at government sector, some as teacher or lecturer like me.. Some started their own business.. Depends on your fate and luck la... Hopefully this can help you a little bit.. Good luck k!

nazurah said...

I do really like maths more than any other subjects maybe because this is the only subject that do not have lab works hehe..Is it true that I need to get cgpa at least 3.0 and above to make me qualified to be in this course in utm? And when I ask opinions from my friends they ask me that do this course can assure me of getting any jobs after graduating? sorry because tanya bnyak soalan sebab I think it is my first time hearing this kind of course and because it related to maths!!!